Thread: UPS 2019 Hiring
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 06:16 PM
Palmtree Pilot
7.27%

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Boeing

Originally Posted by FTv3 View Post
While I understand your frustration and agree that your perspective has some truth to it, if your sense of entitlement and mild narcissism came across in your application and/or job fair then that could be a very real reason you haven’t gotten a call. They like humility and folks who think (or convincingly present an image of) there is no better place than UPS. The, “look how good I am; better hire me before your competitors do,” attitude is worse than a dui. Not saying this applies to you but food for thought going forward....

Best of luck.
Really, what in my statement implies that I'm either of those. Just facts, to rebut the prior post to what qualifications give you the best shot for an interview. I have always been nothing but humble at these job fairs and expect NOTHING to be given to me. I have no ego about my experience and would have no idea how to even get that across on an application. Always been kind and respectful to those whose job it is and volunteer their time to let us speak to them at the job fairs. I even went back the second day of the last one i attended, when there was no line at UPS to express my interest again and ask if they had any recommendations for me to make myself more competitive.

Okay, so maybe not a disaster, but sure isn't what it used to be when your experience and recommendations used to mean something.

Seems to be some hyper sensitivity when someone post something that is reality, but may not be glowing about the hiring process. Didn't mean to offend you guys.