View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 04:25 AM
boeingdvr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by Globemaster2827 View Post
The 767 upgrade at Atlas was just over 2 years when I left Atlas 5 months ago. If there's been no 767 upgrades since it might be closer to 3, but upgrades are more heavy in the Spring. Lord knows they've lost 767 Captains since July. One is in my crashpad. The 747 upgrade was probably around 4 years. I bet that number goes way up.

If we're talking where to go if you're not on either list it's K4. If you've been at Atlas for longer than a year I'd just upgrade on the 767 so you're getting PIC and a new Type. Either way your goal is to leave for FedEx, Delta, UPS... etc.

Jumping from Atlas to K4 is really just a lateral move considering that eventually Atlas will get a new contract and K4 will be haggling with Connie again. That's once you've been at Atlas a year or more.... On Probation it's a no brainer to leave.

The -400 is pushing 10 years now that the 767 CA's are coming off seat lock.

A new hire today may never see 767 CA for at least 5-6 years. There are nearly 300 FO's just on the 767 in CVG waiting for it. We would have to double the fleet for a new hire to see CA anytime soon.

Come on over !