View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 09:04 AM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by DC8DRIVER View Post
At this point, a move to Kalitta would probably be a significant step up for more than half of the pilots already at Atlas.

Other than Atlas recruiters "saying" that a contract is just around the corner, what evidence do you have that a contract is anywhere in sight? When you say "eventually" you're talking about ten years or more, Right?

It will be many, many, many years before the Atlas pilots are able to vote on a contract. Oh, maybe Atlas will throw the pilots a bone with an insulting few percent raise to redirect the ire of the pilot group and allow management to say that they are "offering substantial improvements" to the pilots, but I can guarantee that their offer will be sub-Kalitta or Omni if and when it comes. Until then, they will continue to limp along with the core group stuck there working for slave wages and the new hires churning through the training department / type rating factory just as fast as they can.
If I had to guess I'd say 2 or 3 years. 5 or 10 years is possible but I doubt that happens unless the hiring boom stops. Then FedEx and American and Delta and... Everyone will have a new contract and Atlas will be a few steps behind and K4 will be negotiating with Connie (or whoever) for a new contract with their Captains working 4 months a year with 0 retirement.

Your management are as horrible as they get but you know Connie is just as bad... You won't be able to crew the 737 this year and I bet you have trouble crewing the 767 next year. When I left Atlas they were stacking the 767 with Captains because they couldn't fill the classes at FO rates. Southern is getting the absolute bottom of the barrel right now on the 737 and the incidents were on the rise when I left.

If I were at Atlas I wouldn't leave a place where I was getting or about to get PIC to go to K4. That's after the first year. My goal wouldn't be K4 despite it being a slightly better job. Everyone at Atlas knows at least 3 people at FedEx and UPS right now. Probably Delta too. Hit them up for Recs, beat up those job fairs, and get that 1000 PIC. Finish the degree... Those of you who know me PM me for advice!