Thread: ATLAS Reserve.
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2018, 08:33 AM
itsjustajob
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2016
Position: 747 CA

All whining and crying aside, Atlas exists (no pun intended) as a polar opposite to every other airline in respect to pay.

Next month i’ve got a whopping 64 hours of credit...and I’m a 12+ year Captain, just work extra you say? No thanks, but my bull**** bucket is filled to the brim after 5 days of flying here.

I have no soft time work rules to rely on, effectively I live on a “salary” scheme aka the Atlas CBA.

Salary? Yeah, if you Fly 14 hours, You only get paid 4.85. New Hires are shocked to learn this after accepting the job! I guess reading and comprehension are low on the prerequisite’s to work here.

Unless I work 19+ days, and all of them away from home/base, and only then do I come close to approaching 2nd and 3rd year compensation at FO pay at any other major on a narrow body.

Truth be told a lot of the guys who hired on recently were expecting big news from Amazon and Atlas regarding CVG. Frankly that’s what’s filling classes!

Alas, this past week with ATSG getting up to 40% ownership by Amazon crushed their hopes.

Making matters even worse, Atlas stock is tanking, all the warrants they had at $37.50 are now pixie dust as the stock is now trading at $36 and in a continued spiral out of control.

Bull **** and contracts aside, Wall Street, Purchase and Amazon are revealing that Atlas may not be the darling so many new hires thought it to be, and now ATI appears to have been the better bet if aligning with Amazon was their career goal.

Connie is still hiring at mega ACMI rates with nearly assured upgrade times of less than 24 months.

Atlas, well it just continues to flounder, demanding more and the pilots just continue to be groomed to expect less.