Thread: Ytd atlas !!!
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 05:24 AM
5Ypilot
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2016

117k plus 6.1k matched in to my 401k. 8th year 767 CA. Atlas wins again, I can thank them for making my decision to move to greener pastures ASAP very easy.

Think about this, because it's true.....Many departures are around 04:00-09:00z. If you commute the company makes you be in position 10 hours prior to duty on (90 minutes prior to departure). This means you either take a 6am flight from home to be in position for a 2am departure that night, or you come in the evening before and actually sleep. When you come in the night before you have now given up two days off. Do that twice per month, you now have given the company 21 days, oh, but they can extend you 3 days. now they have you for 24 days. There are many lines where you truly only have 6 to 7 real days off. Say what you may, but this is a fact, especially on the 767, and especially in the ONT crew base.

I have to laugh at their cheesy adverts for the job fair open house they are hosting January 17th. The catchline in the the advert is "Endless Skies". It's about right, it's like prison in the sky with a few days of supervised release every month.