Old 12-27-2018, 09:11 PM
scrupulous
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post
I beg to differ. We are members, but “the union” consists of guys who sign non-disclosure agreements, meet with execs, and make decisions among themselves that alter the direction and the relationship with the extremely hostile management for which we work. 98% of us get no say as to what “the union” does.

I’m not saying I disagree with any decisions they’ve made up to this point, but how can you disagree when you don’t have any information other than what we are told? So, no, we are not The Union. There has to be a lot of trust involved, and I feel like we do give that trust, but at the end of the day we’re only members of the union. Not decision makers.
This is a common complaint. Rightfully so.

Particularly after the passage of an amendment (FPL) that affects how they pay themselves was buried. How they have directed all union social media to a facebook page that isn't an official contact point to the union that also restricts which members can access it let alone the ongoing security issues there, removed access to air things by membership on a private union web forum, restricted questions on crew calls to pre-approved issues, plus a few other things that are not quite legal on a few levels determined by a recent court judgment, let alone misleading members in a direction that might find themselves getting section 19 (fired) on leaderships insinuations versus facts.

While I might sound like a company stooge, I have spent decades trying to keep our guys employed and not doing stupid things proven to get them burned and keeping our leadership honest. It's a set out game that our current leadership is happy to burn you at a whim while they compensate themselves well during it. Collateral damage they don't care about under this administration.

Our current leadership says everything is OK and AUDITED at the highest levels, but this recent hidden determination of the outcome of $1.7+ million dollar felony level embezzlement under Joint Council 041 leadership of which 1224 is part of says something different. NO JAIL TIME or submission to the criminal courts, just a retirement and never to take part again in the union sentence.

Despite this, I'm advocating Teamsters knowing what I know of ALPA while having been a volunteer there also. ALPA has a lot of dirty secrets also, but better kept.

Anyhow, look into the vested interests of our leadership back on the union site under the LM-2 reports posted on their forums on who is getting paid what. That is unless they have deleted them recently.

The forums are still open, although only ONE non-Atlas moderator is provided to approve posts Atlas member posts. The Atlas EXCO has removed all of our moderators.