View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 09:41 PM
80ktsClamp
Da Hudge

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Poodle Whisperer

Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
Ha. There’s been more than one time in my life that I’ve said no feeking way I’d take that risk that delta is. Get over yourself. WN types don’t take more chances. The reputation about the stick isn’t about flying skills, lol.

It was about two months ago that we got shamed by a controller for not flying through the hole in the TS that DAL and AA just went through. It just didn’t look good to us, so we took the long way around. A few mins later AA said ours was the better choice. We don’t all see the same thing on our radar, and it depends on more than one factor.

The stick wasn't about flying skills. Please tell me you've seen our captain Hollywood??? Some stereotypes hold true, and it's worthwhile to try to mitigate them instead of defensively get butthurt and deny the existence. Guys I fly with routinely say they still see the GET R DONE behavior at WN consistently. I accept and try to change what we have in our culture... can you?

Nice decision, as holes going through en route storms tend to change by the minute. That doesn't change what myself and numerous others from many airlines have observed with WN being willing to "take a look" while others let y'all do what you do.

I know what I'm going to bet on with this report. (just to make the WN types even more defensive).