Old 01-04-2019, 09:45 AM
JustAnFO
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2018
Position: 737 FO
Default SWA Pass Travel

Originally Posted by satpak77 View Post
silly question but is this

1. discounted airfare (how much?) for "space available" seats ? aka buy a cheap ticket but you may need to wait for the next flight if this one is full ?
It’s a fixed fare, plus certain taxes, depending on the mileage and the agreement level between SWA and the reciprocating airline (ZL low, ZM medium, or ZH high). Google “ZED fare table” and you’ll get a general idea. Most legacies are either ZL (low) or ZM (medium).

2. or discounted airfare and a confirmed seat ?
As far as I know, we have no confirmed seat purchase options with other airlines. As a matter of fact, we don’t have any on our own metal, either. It’s either $0 fare nonrev space-available, or buy a ticket like everyone else.

3. What about spouse and immediate blood family (child in college) on SWA metal ? free, discount ? etc
Spouse, or any one other person you choose can travel for free as well, and shares the same ZED benefits. Biological parents as well. Children I’m less familiar with, but I believe it’s children up to 18 years old travel like a spouse. I believe children up to 25 years old if they are in college are eligible as well, but don’t quote me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk