View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 01:10 PM
fredd

I agree go to a community college like Big Bend http://www.bigbendaviation.com/ you can have all the same licences for around $28,000. Add on the CFI, multi or float for a few thousand more. Get an Applied Science degree (commercial pilot), and an Associates and Arts and Science (1st two years of a 4 year program/tranfer degree) plus work on a third degree via Embry Riddle or CWU all at the same time. I spent around $40,000 when it was all said and done with my flight fees, room and board, books, tuition.......

They don't charge for ground time which was really nice. Not on the clock asking questions which I don't think anyone else in flight training does. They also have 6 full time faculty that are career flight instructors not the off the street CFI who are building flight time. You will get the chance to fly with each of the 6 faculty during the two year program, which really gives you a well rounded look from a wealth of training experience. They also do the ground schools and checkrides.

The airport is huge, with the longest of the 5 runways being 13,500 feet. When I left they had around 13 instrument approaches.

Great 141 program that I think few people are aware of.

Seems like a simple choice 3 degrees, 1/2 the cost, quality instruction.