View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 03:38 AM
Guard
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by howardhughes8 View Post
It’s not a 6 hr type. The schedule allows UP TO 3 hours per ride, you serve seat support for either first or second half. Once you are done with yours, unless you do something real stupid, it is essentially the other guy getting the type. I did mine in 1:55, brisk pace, easy. How it gets long is when guys are doing 180 kts around all patterns and extended downwinds, asking for delayed vectors. And the tested items required has not changed in many years, in fact evaluator has some discretion that was not available before.

Consider yourself lucky to have 7 sims before type. Spirit gives you 4 after A LOT of self study. FSI spoon feeds EVERYTHING to you, airlines, AQP or not, require big boy pants.
Your in the sim now for 6 hours with a 10 min break in the middle, going second was exhausting as you still gotta support your PIC during the first three hours, 5 approaches plus maneuvers, its a long ride. I cannot imagine Spirits training, do they charge for the bathroom? Spirit and Frontier are on NJA's no fly list, won't buy tickets on them.