View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 04:20 AM
Fdxlag2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016

Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
Remind us all again what you're trying to contribute to this conversation.

I've already got his e-mail, thankyouverymuch. Since you obviously don't have a good answer, why don't YOU ask him the next time you're gobbling his pizza.

Sorry to interrupt your whine fest.

Just trying to find out why this bothers you all so much. And why the sniping. The company has always hired who they wanted to hire, and at least in this case, he meets the stated mins. That has not always been the case, has it? It is their dime. Is it Capitalism you really hate? He didn’t take a seniority number, if he doesn’t pull his share of line trips they will just have to hire another line guy, gal or zhe to pickup the slack. I suspect this is just a chance for him to get a kilt. Maybe the Feds had something to do with it. Perhaps Fred woke up one morning and said why ain’t you on the seniority list? Or perhaps there is a lock out in our future and they want to be able to move the Golden 757. As long as the check clears and the company doesn’t violate the CBA (thus protecting seniority) it is not really my business or skin off my backside.

For the record, I asked a serious question and you replied with some fine proposals, but failed to answer the question. What can we do as a union to keep the company from hiring whoever they desire? Get back to me when you have some more snark. Much to my and likely his chagrin, I agree with anthrax, it just gives him a place to go if this chief pilot gig doesn’t work out in a couple of years.

Last edited by Fdxlag2; 01-12-2019 at 04:53 AM.