View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 05:36 AM
Lahey
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by skytrails View Post
Good grief you people need to think outside of the flow and outside of your little piedmont bubble. The amount of people that don’t have apps in just because they flow in 2 years is astonishing. That 2 years could be 2,000 spots on the seniority list. Also you guys need to realize that this year alone FedEx, Delta, AA, United, UPS and SWA will be hiring close to 4,000 pilots. That’s not even including the likes of Frontier, Spirit, Alaska, and ACMI. Those numbers will grow the next couple years to probably 5,000+ a year. So when I talk about a new hire not being here in 3-4 years it’s because of hiring, not some worthless flow. Next 3-4 years should see over 15,000 pilots hired at the airlines I named. Now add up the total number of regional pilots. I know military guys and gals will take some of those slots but the majority will be hired from the regionals. Not sure about you but I like my odds of being one of those 15,000

I think the disconnect here is: we all feel the same way you do as far as getting hired outside the flow is concerned (not just at AA, either).

Yet, you come here and act like none of us have our apps out. Yes, we discuss the flow, how long it'd take, the bull**** the recruiters are feeding new hires, etc. Everyone knows what the hiring numbers look like, the majority of us have our apps out. The fact is, the majority of us are not getting calls from the majors. I'm not sure where you are getting this idea that no soul within 2 years of flowing at piedmont don't have their apps out. It's just not true. Hiring will continue to ramp up in the coming years and you'd be crazy not to have your apps out. We all are aware of this.

If you have some way to get people on with the majors, let us know, that'd be great.