View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 06:36 AM
Blackhawk
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Originally Posted by watch View Post
Thanks a lot.. XJT makes a big deal about AQP and the quality of training but all the C5 pilots ive heard from say that the training at C5 is good.

Some side questions:
- can Commutair pilots park their car at EWR as long as they want for free? I may want to keep my car there instead of the city.
- can pilots on reserve at C5 choose their trips for the reserve period If they want to fly? For example, if my 4 day reserve period starts tomorrow, can I log onto the scheduling website and sign up for specific trips that I want? Or do you always just show up at the airport and wait until you’re assigned?
In general airlines give you free parking in your domicile. There are several employee parking lots at EWR. Some airports such as LGA have time limits but I have never heard of it being strictly enforced.

Reference training. There are probably some former XJT pilots at C5 who may give you an honest comparison. Not having experienced both I won’t try to compare them. I do think an advantage XJT has over other regional airlines is the experience level of the instructors. Almost all (if not all), the instructors and LCAs will have 20+ years experience at XJT. I’ve heard of pilots at other regionals being hired with a year on line and no prior jet, turboprop or 121 experience. ��
Maybe because of this XJT will often train things before they are mandated by the FAA. High altitude stalls and dual engine failures/engine relights are two that come to mind and were trained before being mandated.
Again, this is not to disparage C5 training. I have not heard anything bad about it recently.