View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 07:00 AM
corporategypsy
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2018

On reserve you can request short call or airport reserve or indicate no preference. You can also request am or pm shifts. They will honor the request based on need and seniority. You are also able to request trips from open time 48hrs prior. They wait to see if a line pilot will pick it up bit if not it gets assigned. Again the request is based on seniority. When i was on reserve they always gave me the shift i wanted but not always the open time.
Originally Posted by watch View Post
Thanks a lot.. XJT makes a big deal about AQP and the quality of training but all the C5 pilots ive heard from say that the training at C5 is good.

Some side questions:
- can Commutair pilots park their car at EWR as long as they want for free? I may want to keep my car there instead of the city.
- can pilots on reserve at C5 choose their trips for the reserve period If they want to fly? For example, if my 4 day reserve period starts tomorrow, can I log onto the scheduling website and sign up for specific trips that I want? Or do you always just show up at the airport and wait until you’re assigned?