View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 07:13 AM
Rascal
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: Out

Originally Posted by CaptCoolHand View Post
There it is!

LOL. we got three whole positive posts in before everything here sucks.

1100 more pages of why jb sucks now please.

I'm in the same boat as Craig, Payne, Hyper and 450. Lifes not perfect a bluejet. But it's not "breaking rocks in Afghanistan". Or the prison sentence described much of the time either.

I know guys who hate UAL as much as some hate it here. Same with AA. The grass isn't greener... it's just different grass. We've had guys come here from fedex, one guy just had the last chance to go back to UAL and stayed here. MY GOD WHY!!

and really? wide bodies? you came here and thought... some day we'll have wide bodies? give it a rest already.

Yep we have very few retirements... but we're growing, I mean stagnantly growing... not parking jets, no differals (yet right).
We'll add another 9-10% to this pilot list this year and we've steadily added a few hundred guys for the last 6-7 years. But they're secretly planning to return some 320's they'll never tell us about.

I was hired in 2008 at #2005 I'm 1760 something now and we've got 3700ish on the list. Not sure where I could have gone then to make it to 48% on the list by now but it's not UAL AA or DAL.

BD, I'm not sure what your dream airline was, I'm sorry it's not here.
48% at a real Major gives you a choice of narrow-body line holding Captain or Senior wide-body First Officer. Any position will make you more money than senior JetBlue pilot.

BTW. As far I know, we are the only airline in the United States that makes their employees pay for business class seat. While, it might seem like a deal breaker, this is a big indicator of how JetBlue management "values" its employees.