Old 12-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Albief15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Seems one article said a net gain of A/C of 4-5 airframes. Original order was 32, then 16. I have no idea how many the 32 or 16 were for retiring older jets. Not a SWA expert, but reading stuff it seems there is still growth, but at about 25% of original projections. Part of this is due to attempts to reduce AC manning ratios as well.

A pool is a promise, and those can be delayed or broken. If in a pool, hope for the best...but those who decided to "wait" for the last 2-3 months instead of applying to CAL or DAL have cost themselves 60-120 numbers. Its a nasty game, but loyalty to the airline is often unrewarded even when you work there. Loyalty to a company without an ID on your neck is just silly. I'm sure the next poolie letter will be very kind, have a witty phrase or two, and explain how holding out NOW will make it better for you when you finally get your shot.

FWIW...I got a buddy in a pool at FDX and SWA. He's at Delta now...soon to be at his first choice of domicile. I think he's glad he widened his picture just a bit.