View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 09:38 PM
quitty123456789
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by JosephBuss View Post
How many hours do you fly per month/year? Is it strictly VFR flying or do you get to build any IFR time as well? Also are night routes flown? Thanks
There have been pilots that average around 500+ hours a year. It's strictly VFR because when you fly in clouds, people don't see anything on the tour! haha night routes would only be typically flown if it's a repositioning flight or cargo flights. To clarify, the majority of your flying at Westwind is during the day, so while there are some opportunities to fly at night, you may only get the last 0.5 of your cargo flight at night, but with the days getting longer and brighter each day now, it'll reduce that even more. Tours are mainly conducted during the day. I know in the past, sometimes, there are people who request tours during sunset, but overall, it's not common.

Originally Posted by kaputt View Post
Been keeping my eye on these guys for when I get more time. What are competitive mins?
Right now, the company is really struggling for pilots so I'd say to send your resume in if you are at the bare minimums of Part 135 VFR minimums (500 total time, 100 XC, 25 night XC, commercial certificate, high performance endorsement)