View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 03:16 PM
Martin3977
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2019

I totally agree that it needs some sort of regulation for sure. And the ones that are causing an issue, like dampening firefighting efforts, taking the mini racing drones and flying right next to an aircraft on final, and if there are truly drones popping up near airports, the ones responsible need to be prosecuted. I've been a long time RC airplane and helicopter hobbyist for close to 30 years and flying the Multrotor (drones) about 3 years now. I got my 107 to be able to take advantage of the technology of drones and make a little money on the side to offset the cost of the RC Hobby Addiction. What has happened from the beginning of the invention of multirotor is that the word DRONE is now applied across the board to all of flying rc model by the general public. Thats why I cringe when I see the multirotor aircraft make headlines and I fear than an all out ban to all RC aircraft is coming down the line someday as a result.
Guys , I love my hobby, I intend of enjoying in for years to come ,I don't want to see it gone. I realize that there are many valid cases of truly seeing them, all I can ask is before playing that Drone card, Please Please make sure that you have without a doubt seen one.