View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 08:41 AM
Bri85
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Ha ha!!!!
I went to riddle and graduated with 3.9 GPA not because I am a genius, but because the classes were beyond easy. The only hard thing about that useless school was the flight training and not because some people just can't fly but because most of riddle "check airman" were on a power trip. Most likely that type of behavior was a way to make the students feel like they are getting what they are paying for. I only failed one checkride in my life and that was with Bruno Vivaldi (I am sure you know who he is). He failed me for being 11 knots fast on my chandelle on my CFI ride(I did not even know that C172 has such an accurate gouge). I left riddle couple years ago and started instructing and I can tell you that none my students have ever failed their rides for something as stupid as that. So dream on and keep thinking that kind of BS make you a better pilot and that it is worth 150k. I work a regional and I can't tell people where I went to college because they will think that either an idiot a rich kid that thinks he is God's gift to aviation I used to believe the hype as well...

Hey Vilvadi was a nice guy, did my multi check with him 2 years ago and he was pretty much straight forward under PTS. I heard he left for a sim instructor opening. But I understand your point with the check airman and the power trips I know about 4. I failed my Instrument Oral the first time because I was told I could plan out my xcountry 5 hours earlier- go about my day come back for the check oral and go over the planning, wx, and what would situations. Only to be told I failed because the data is not current.