View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 07:21 PM
bruceko
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2019
Default Looking Quick efficient 0-hero school

Hi all frist time posting. A little background about myself. I am a Bay area native however I have been living and working in finance in Asia for the last 8 years. I am 32 married with a kid. I decided to quit my career last year because of the long hours (7am to 7-9pm & weekends OTs) and unhealthy lifestyle. Aviation was always my dream but due to my parents ideals, I placed that dream on hold 14 years ago.

Last week I got class 1 done and I am now looking for a flight school. Because I have a wife and kid who will be staying in Asia for at least a couple of years, I want to minimize the separation as much as possible. Location doesn't matter as all my immediate family is overseas somewhere. I prefer a location that is cheap and able to get my certificates done as soon as possible. I am used to working 80 hours per week so I don't want to be limited by lack of planes or CFIs. I also would like a school that provides a solid foundation, and not rushing through PPL part.

If anyone has any recommendations other than ATP, please let me know. Location doesn't matter.

Last edited by bruceko; 01-26-2019 at 07:53 PM.