View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 09:27 AM
SmoothLanderJ
Gear handle manipulator

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: B-737 First officer

Originally Posted by FliFast View Post
The second half of my point is, to cloud this thread with "why we hate ERAU" takes away from the salient points of this proposal. Finally, if you'll allow me an opinionated question...why didn't UND, or FIT, or OSU, or the FBO at Monroe County just north of Toledo galvanize this contract before ERAU...maybe that silly "Harvard in the Skies" nonsense really works...

Just an opinion...don't let the facts get in the way.

FF
...Because FIT doesn't have the kind of connects that ERAU does, plain and simple. Our teachers are always trying to "diss" 'Riddle' saying that FIT is so much better, I disagree. The truth is Riddle has MANY more connections and a bigger reputation with the airlines and the aviation community. This was very evident to me when I attended 'Riddle's' career fair a few months back. Every regional was there recruiting pilots, including a lot of major airlines and corporate companies. It basically made our career fair look like crap because I could count the number of regionals, airlines and other aviation companies that attended on 1 hand.

In my opinion FIT is light years away from being able to establish a deal like the ERAU - Spirit deal. It's great for the school (ERAU) to be able to market this to potential students. Now, is it a great idea to put these individuals into A319's and 320's? Only time will tell. But, at least they have the opportunity to do so. A lot of other schools don't have opportunities such as this.

Last edited by SmoothLanderJ; 12-08-2007 at 09:54 AM.