View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 06:46 PM
BeatNavy
Covfefe

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by badflaps View Post
In another thread they said that it was the only way FedEx would work it. Makes more sense.
If they wouldn’t let him fly part time, or whatever the issue supposedly was, he could have taken an LOA and then retired after his term was up. And he certainly could have done the DD beforehand and asked FDX management what his options were prior to running/winning. I have no SA on how it actually went down, just rumors, but I don’t think it looks good no matter how you look at it.

Would I pass up a lot more money as I’m staring retirement in the face for simply being on a different status with my employer? I dunno...that’s a tough one. But this could have been avoided. Also, I think it’s appropriate he removes Capt from his signature block and stops calling himself captain. He isn’t a captain of anything. He was an airline captain and he gave that up to take a political position. Maybe he could add (retired) after it if he still wants people to know he used to be a captain, but that’s like a guy at jetblue I once heard about telling his crashpad buddies to call him Colonel Xxxxx, because that’s the rank he retired at. No Bill, we won’t do that. You aren’t a colonel anymore. Same holds true for Mr. Joe DePete, former captain and former airline pilot turned politician.