View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 03:14 PM
Patches
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Default Try Reading the contract

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
Nice thought but this is a huge stretch, IMO.
First, there is no location “code” restricted by the expense software when one inputs a GT expense. The only expenses that have specific location codes pre-set in a pull down menu are hotels.
This is straight up false. In order to file the expense...you must input an airport code at the start and end of each event. MEM is the only option.

You want to put the 3-letter ID for Olive Branch in? What’s stopping you? It either goes in the blank field for origin or destination.
There is no airport code for Olive Branch in the system. We are all limited to a select few airfields that does not include many we are authorized to use. What part of "any two commercial locations" can't you understand?

The bottom line is most of us do recurrent in our domicile. Trying to claim the airport boundary somehow defines our domicile is your loose interpretation of a rather vague portion of the CBA.
Domicile defined in the Contract: "An airport or co-terminal airports, designated by the company, to which pilots are permanently assigned....."

No loose interpretation here....its in the actual text of the contract. AIRPORT is expressly defined as the domicile and base. And yes, I've had this analyzed by a lawyer. My understanding is formed by a legal expert on the subject.

What radius applies to the AIRPORT? How far from the airport must we be to file an expense? 10 miles, 20 miles, 100 miles.....how about you loosely interpret that for me?

There’s no way anyone is going to buy the argument that we should be able to get an Uber to the sim building for recurrent because it’s off airport and therefore not in our domicile.
That is exactly what I'm saying....because that is how the contract is written. It might not be the intent.....but that does not matter in legal settings. The words are written clearly and anyone looking strictly at the text can interpret this any other way without defining a specific radius.