View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 02:12 AM
Sluggo_63
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
Okay. Either you and I are completely missing on the communication skill set, or you're using a very different expense report system than I.

When I incur a GT charge on my credit card from my local limo company, it shows up in my expense report. I assign it to the appropriate section of my trip. Since I live near ORD and I'm going from my house to the passenger terminal (as an example) at ORD, I type in the three letters. O - R - D in my origin. I do the same thing for the destination... O - R - D. Then I select (from the pull down menu) "Residence" for the origin specific since the limo is picking me up at my house. I select "Airport" for the destination pull down menu since I'm going to the passenger terminal to catch a deviation deadhead. I have yet to be denied or given any kind of push-back on any GT expense I've entered this way.

MEM is not "the only option". In fact, it's not even one of the options since there are none. I can type whatever three-letter code I want in both the origin field and destination field. Please explain to me what I'm missing here. You can see below, a screen shot of a GT entry from my last expense report. No problems telling the system that, 1 - My GT started and ended in the ORD vicinity and 2 - was from my residence to the airport.

So, how is it exactly that you are unable to enter the Olive Branch 3-letter ID in the same situation and are somehow forced to use MEM?
Actually you're both right. The "Airport" text box is a free-fill form, and you can type any three characters in there. But, the software checks what you type in against a list of know identifiers, and will not let you proceed if it isn't correct. I had this happen to me when I was using deviation money to get to an "unknown" airport. Expense report people told me to use "AAA" and in the comments, just put in "AAA" airport was actually "Small Airport, Some Country". I actually used a different (bigger) airport in the same country, and put a note about it in the comments. It worked fine.

Edit: This is what happens of you use an unknown airport identifier.

Attachment 4198

And just for reference, AAA worked (that must be the code Fox uses for unknown airports), ZZZ did not work, but OLV (Olive Branch) was a known identifier and let me input it.

Last edited by Sluggo_63; 11-22-2020 at 02:45 PM.