Old 02-03-2019, 03:27 PM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by stabapch View Post
Unions are necessary in the aviation industry. With no union, you’re at the mercy of a corporation and as Pilot A no way to show you’re better than Pilot B. Hence the seniority system.

Every other industry, unions are garbage. I worked as an electrician for a non-union company and by default was involved with the IBEW. I’ve dealt with all the harassment and I’ve come to one conclusion... the union electricians are the most brain dead, laziest workers out there. People join the industry knowing this and realize it’s easy pay and benefits. With my hard work and dedication to the company I’ve been at, my salary and benefits far exceeded what the union offered due to my individual discipline.

The truth is, ALL unions are just corrupt businesses inside of another business. Do some research on any .gov websites. Why are my union dues to ALPA or people represented by IBT going to the Democrat political party?? I don’t favor either party, but would like some transparency and a choice where my money is going. This is just one of many examples of the corruption.
Clearly your clueless on union political contributions from ALPA. Do some research and get back to us! Hint PAC!