View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 06:14 PM
TheBaron
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: MD-11 FO

Originally Posted by Haywood JB View Post
If I am not mistaken, this doesn't come into play until your TAFB is over 52hrs...or so. I know it doesn't count for most of us junior, hub turners....read the fine print.

HJ
Uh...I think you are mistaken. It doesn't come into play for some of the shorter trips (TAFB wise) because they are hard time trips and you are getting paid the higher block value. It doesn't come into play for a lot of the mid time trips because they too are hard time. It does come into play for the longer trips where you get descent layovers (fewer and fewer). The changes to over 8 capture are really uneven and benefit a small portion of the crew force at the expense of a better pay raise across the board for everyone.
There is a trip next month out of ANC that pays 86-ish hours. ANC-NRT is the first leg and NRT-ANC is the last. The rest of the time is spent doing 6 hub turns in Asia. The only gain under the contract is the 3.75 trip rig for what most would agree is a brutal trip. Another line is 93:xx for one extra day of work. It is an easy RFO trip with nice layovers in HNL-SYD-SFS-HKG. With the >8 capture, there is a bonus of 8+ hours that you will get after the fact...almost a 10% premium for doing a much easier job. Not very well thought out when our work rule changes benefit such a small group much more than they do the group as a whole. My 2 cents (which is actually now worth 2.133 cents with the trip rig change.)