View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 06:28 AM
SkyFive
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2008

I interviewed with them about a year ago. It ranks as one of the most wierd interviews I’ve ever had.

In the phone interview I was told my background/hours/experience looked good for immediate hire. I paid for my travel from Nashville to Raleigh for the interview ($400.) I ended up sitting in the airport terminal for eight plus hours waiting on the chief pilot to arrive on a flight from somewhere west. The interview was conducted right there in the terminal. We touched on my experience and background then I had to endure about a hour of him giving me his resume (how he could fly a Lear jet, blah blah blah). I then went to lunch with the base commander. Was told that my lack of military background would probably be a negative because all of their personnel are form black op’s, Navy Seals etc. and that they use the “F” bomb as every other word. They don’t tolerate no sissy pants in the right seat kind of stuff.
I dragged my as back home and vowed to never pay for travel to an interview ever again no matter how good it seems.