View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 08:47 AM
wrxpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: B767

Originally Posted by JayMahon View Post
I'm a paladin. No moving violations, no DUI, no criminal. Got a wife and kids, we've done the career change struggle before and managed fine. I am aware of the damage a black swan event or economic downturn could have on the industry, but I have no control over those factors. They tend to also impact other industries as well. As with much of life, there are no guarantees... all we can do is make the best decision we can with the information at hand and try not to over leverage ourselves into a dangerous position. You are right though... and it remains a concern. I'm dropping some serious money into a future that could vanish before I get my hands around it.

I've hustled my whole life. I don't see any reason why that would change just because I'm working in an office with a pretty view. Work is still work.

I appreciate your feedback and looking out for some of the common obstacles that trip up prospective pilots. Any other insights? Any other dark clouds on the horizon I'm not seeing?
I would just add make sure you get a first class medical (with EKG) to make sure there’s nothing surprising with your health.