View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 08:07 AM
wacampbe
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2019
Default Where to start flight training?

Hello everyone! I've been wondering where to start my flight training but have been conflicted with all the different options, and which is the best path and which would be worth the money I'd have to pay.

A background of everything:
I am a 23 year old graduating senior in college. I'm obtaining my Bachelors degree. I have 0 flight time and would be starting from scratch. I've contacted ATP flight school and got more info from them but the price was really high and the stuff I saw about how they rushed students alarmed me. There is actually a local flight school which is right next to the ATP location in my city's home airport. That flight school allows you to obtain your PPL, on your time, even while working.

My long-term goal is to be an airline pilot for a major airline but I don't know where to start. I also want to add, I have a child so ATP would be very difficult not being able to work while also learning how to fly, but they give you everything you need (from what I've read). I've applied at some Airline Cadet Programs (JBU, AAL), but even other cadet schools require at least a PPL.

Any suggestions? Thanks for any responses in advance!