Thread: UPS 2019 Hiring
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 05:58 PM
N827
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by whalesurfer View Post
Your worries are well warranted. He stays very busy. Several of my friends have used him (all were hired) and two of them got last minute interview offers (7 & 9 day notice).
For a while they weren’t sure Adam would be able to handle them on such a short notice. He managed to squeeze them in and ended up doing their preps over the phone and it worked out.
I suggest you contract him now and let him know you’ll be calling him as soon as an interview materializes. He’ll understand and it won’t cost you anything but he’ll create a file on you so when it happens he’ll be able to send you prep materials on a short notice. He’s a good dude.

Meet & greet - each seminar is different and it all depends on who you’ll end up talking to but in general:
- why us?
- why you and not someone else?
- tells us about yourself..
- how well do you know our company?
etc. etc.
Try to relax (I know, easier said than done), smile, maintain eye contact (don’t stare at the floor), tell them you’re exactly the kind of guy/gal they’re looking for. Someone who takes the job seriously, studies and works hard but at the same time has an easy going personality and enjoys working with others. In other words the kind of guy/gal people enjoy flying a 2-week trip with. Recruiters are humans.
Good luck!
Thank you this is very helpful. I definitely will do as you say (and do my best to relax)