View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 06:04 PM
bradthepilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by AlfredoSauce View Post
Hey all, I will have my mins soon and will be applying at regional airlines, and Skywest is one of my favs. I’m just wondering what you guys think about working for this company? Pros and cons? I’ll probably move to wherever I get based, and I’m curious of the QOL. Also considering Republic and Endeavor, but I’m concerned about those 2 because I’d be getting in on the back end of a hiring binge and I am guessing I would be on reserve for a super long time. Thanks for any advice!
One piece of advice about SkyWest I can offer is that in real life, it isn't really at all like what it appears to be here on APC. Here on APC, people with positive attitudes about SKW are viewed as "KoolAid drinkers" and such, but in real life those positive, upbeat folks are exactly who you want to be (and would be) flying with. I've flown with only one really negative individual, and it became pretty clear that he'd be unhappy no matter where he was. I wonder if he is on APC sometimes, and what his alias might be...