View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 10:41 PM
121guy
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2015

QOL at Atlas is horrible. Imagine working for an airline where almost every single line is built to minimum days off. That is Atlas. And if they don’t have enough flying to build a line to min days off? No problem they’ll simply tack on reserve days until it is! Meaning everyone from the most junior FO to the 20 year Captain has the same miserable QOL. Yes they would rather keep their thumb on you paying you to sit in a hotel room and do nothing in case they might need you rather than heaven forbid build a line with a couple of extra days off. Most of our business is scheduled and known well in advance and yet they still run the place like it’s a 500 pilot mom and pop ad hoc charter airline. No roster stability, “plug and play” scheduling that results in horribly fatiguing patterns that leave you exhausted at the end. Why would anyone, even a newly minted ATP, want to come here when just about every regional offers more days off and better QOL? Just to say you’ve been to Hong Kong? Trust me that novelty will wear off. When I see the banner ads on APC touting our destinations it reminds me of the that old Navy slogan “join the Navy and see the world”. That’s the big selling point because even the recruiters know Atlas has nothing else to offer.