View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 03:39 AM
TiredSoul
All is fine at .79

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot

Originally Posted by Elevation View Post
I like what I do and who I work with. I also like most of the people in the union, including the folks that hate each other. Most of the instructors are top-notch and I even think most of our managers (director of training and standards, system chief pilot, safety, etc.) are decent. I like talking to my dispatchers. I like the mechanics. I like the loadmasters. I like all these guys, and I'm a total jerk! So a reasonable person like you would probably love most of these folks too.

The problems we face are systemic, not personal. Contract details can be found elsewhere and are discussed ad nauseam. Our training has improved by leaps and bounds, but we have some problem areas in which we may be regressing. By similar token, it seems like a lot of our dispatchers and mechanics are overtaxed. Compensation, retirement, benefits are all discussed in great detail elsewhere.

So I like the work. I like the people. I like the union. I even like the people that hate my guts; at least I know where they stand and what to expect from them. I like a lot of what I do. I don't punch the proverbial steering wheel on my way to work. It's actually pretty cool if you ignore all the awful stuff.
This ^^^
Thank you.
121guy you sound like you’d probably be miserable at Delta.