Thread: New contract
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 03:15 PM
PorkandBeans
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2018
Position: 320 Capt.

Well,

May I suggest on this and other message boards, if a poster wishes to respond to points made on a previous post via cut and paste, the responses should be in a different font or style as to not confuse the reader. Otherwise, the posting may end up as nothing more than the dreaded “mumbo jumbo”.

And so came a response from my post and I will clarify as to not confuse the reader(s).

Regarding the new company option to limit schedules on month to month staffing requirements:

New Contract:

“However, for at least six (6) Monthly Bid Periods, in a calendar year per Position, a Pilot will be permitted to complete the month with no less than sixty (60) hours of Pay Credit, such months to be designated by the Company no later than the publication of the Annual Vacation Bid Award, but such designated Monthly Bid Periods may be changed by mutual agreement between the Company and ALPA.”

This caveat allows the company to staff with respect to heavy flying months by limiting vacation awards minimums during those heavy flying months and thus having less pilots on the payroll year round. This has a direct effect on the number of vacation days which will be awarded when the rest of society usually enjoys vacations. If a pilot has kids in school, this matters. If you like vacations in summertime, school vacations, etc., this matters. You will not be able to maximize your vacation days using pref bidding as you would otherwise. Pref bidding changes this whole game.

Now to be clear - allowing the drop limit to 60 is a good thing for some pilots and the company, but it also limits premium vacation periods in the pref bidding process. A pilot will invariably be awarded fewer vacation days during those 70 hour months. This does, however, place additional stress on the entire scheduling system due to the obvious reduction in staffing requirements. By mutual agreement, these months can be slid around for the obvious flexibility the company wants in case of a faster expansion, pilots leaving for other airlines and pilots not wanting to come to work at Frontier. Of course, there’s also a caveat to essentially double the first year pay. So, the company got it covered - sort of. You also get a reassignment phone app. Another big “give” while reassignment abuse is currently being addressed at other carriers. Good luck with that. Is Frontier buying recovery software? Haven't heard a peep.

My post read: “Get tired, get violated and see how management goes to bat for you.”

Your Response:
“There's pay protection language now for that that didn't exist in the previous agreement.”

My Response:
Your above comment is not related to FAR violations resulting in FAA enforcement. It pertains to company discipline and it not relevant to my comment. Hopefully the pilot will get support from ALPA as a historical benefit.

Your Response:
“The jerk that spent hundreds if not thousands of hours of his own time (contrary to popular belief trips are seldom dropped) dealing with the worst management group in the industry to improve your and my life? Sorry if your afraid of math.”

My Response:
Not jerk - jerk off. The same one that preached “now is not the time for ALPA”, thereby delaying progress towards a better contract you brag about. You can easily dispel popular belief by quoting the hours the person dropped while working in what he believed to be our best interest. Do that math. I could be wrong. Maybe he’s a saint.
This comment reminds me of millionaires running for political office claiming their desire “to serve”. Whatever you choose to believe.

Your Response:
“TBD”

My Response:
Duh.

Your response:
“Southwest is hiring”

My Response:
It is incredibly naive to suggest that. Was it stated in anger? You have a conflict here. You claim Indigo is not to be trusted while defending loopholes which could have been covered in the modification of the TA after pilots reviewed the details.
This was not done.

There are many more points to cover in this contract which I consider sub standard. They will come out in time, right? TBD?