Thread: CFI Training
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 06:13 AM
mikeinflight
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by Macchi30 View Post
I was in your situation back in November. I could have decided to go to a fast track program, or stay at my local school where I’ve done all of my ratings. I decided to stay local because they’ve given me a really great deal that beats any other school. BUT.. my CFI training does not feel fluid. It’s febuary now and I’m still working on it. Some weeks I’m not able to book a 2 year instructor because we only have 2 and they are both very busy. I feel really unmotivated right now. I have both my FIA and FOI completed. But I feel like I’m not accomplishing anything. I bought a white board and lesson plans and try to teach myself but I have no idea what I’m doing. I personally wish I had went to a fast track program like Blue Line. I trapped myself here though until May because I decided to do a semester at college too.....

I’ll just say, if you do decide to stay at your school, make sure you get a detailed plan and timeline before you start..

Yeah I feel that it’s not like any other rating and needs plans laid out. I was looking into CFI bootcamp which seems good as well. I work full time and am a career changer so to have the type of flexibility to spend 2-3 weeks somewhere isn’t entirely feasible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk