Thread: Xojet
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 08:49 AM
Packrat
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green

Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
should I apply now knowing that I don’t have the ATP and risk getting my application tossed out or should I wait until I have the ATP and apply then?
Never and I mean NEVER send a resume or fill out an application projecting hours or licenses. That equates to lying and will get you either fired (if they hired you) or blackballed from ever working there again.

Sending a resume without the required qualifications (your ATP) will just get the application trashed since you aren't qualified.

Wait until you have ALL the required qualifications and hour minimums THEN send in the application/resume. And remember...minimums are just that...minimums. Most places, unless they're desperate, won't consider you with the absolute minimum so don't be discouraged if they don't jump right on your application.

Don't let that derail you, though. If you want to work there, keep updating/applying every couple months. After all, they may just get sick of your resume and call you in because you've demonstrated and ongoing interest in the company.

Good luck with your quest.