Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 06:42 PM
927A
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Hi all. I've been a reader of this thread for some time. I finally have the hours to consider applying, and I was going to use the online chat to speak to someone directly but it was offline every time I tried today so I decided to post some general questions here.

I am currently a CFI and have just over 500 TT. I have more multi than the average bear. I do not quite have 500 PIC and thought it was a firm requirement (and was waiting to apply/ask questions until I reached it) but then saw a post a few pages ago indicating I may have been mistaken. I am interested in the EMB120 FO position

How frequently are people hired for that position?

I've read about typical bases; Are they assigned or chosen? What are the upgrade opportunities/timelines?

I've found it to be a bit of a risqué question on pilot forums, but what are grooming standards, if any, such as regarding facial hair tattoos etc? I assume it's a bit more relaxed from passenger carrying gigs (I've noticed some furry pilots in AMF pics!). Just want to make sure I'm well aware of policy.

How long is the hiring and training process? I think I saw somewhere training is 6 weeks in various locations, and classes are usually once a month?

These are just a few things off the top of my head; I'm sure to come up with a more. Is it best to ask future questions here or contact a recruiter directly?

Apologies if I've asked previously answered questions. As I mentioned I have been a reader here for some time, but I figure some of this information changes periodically so I want to ensure that I have the most up to date information.