View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 05:44 AM
benzoate
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by flysnoopy76 View Post
Not that it means squat, but at the company pep rally sessions in SEA Alaska management has claimed no more mergers, again that’s meaningless, so who knows.
The current consensus guess of their plan seems to be the 319 and 320s will be gone and probably the 321 as well, so the fleet commonality argument wouldn’t exist.
I certainly don't know your management but speaking first hand from our dirt bag management I will say anything is possible.

Jetblue continues to waive the organic growth flag because that simple narrative keeps the majority of the employee groups head buried in the sand. Ignorance is truly bliss and if you believe management is looking out for you then you typically come to work and do more.

The reality, from a jetblue standpoin,t is management pursued Frontier in the early 10's. They publicly bid for Virgin in '16, Delta made an offer in '17(according to a department senior finance member) and then recently the NDA signed with UAL.

I don't know about the AK pilot group but the Jetblue group is amongst the most naive out there and truly believe Jetblue is wholesome and would sell the airline. Bullsheet! Gigitys statements to the media, the recent Forbes article and the simple, most basic, reason why a merger will happen is the entire investment community knows Jetblue management, excuse me leadership, is in over their heads and the only way out is to move on.

Something is coming, there's nothing we can do about it and having to fly with pilots who still believe in Jetblue management is like finger nails on a chalk board.