View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 01:49 PM
swingear
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by Riggsk View Post
Hey guys,

I interviewed at NAC on January 17th and I thought it went very well. They told me I could expect to hear back around the 25th but I didn't get anything. I followed up with the HR manager and she said they are running into delays with the union and it should take another week to get more information (that was last month). Its almost been a month since I've interviewed, is it safe to say I didn't get the job?
Delays with the union? That’s ridiculous. I can 100 percent guarantee you that is not correct. What the company IS running into delays with is training. Lots of changes happening in that department, but I don’t expect it’ll happen overnight. Considering that we have multiple pilots who’ve been waiting for OE for 8 months or more, I’d say they’re probably not really in a rush to hire anyone off the street at the moment. But the whole “delays with the Union” thing is laughable. The Union doesn’t schedule ground schools, sims, or OE. And the Union doesn’t dictate who they hire or when they hire them.