View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 12:45 PM
Boats and Hos
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Default Sadly

DL has sold every regional it ever had ownership in. The CRJs are just a dying fleet of aircraft especially in NYC. It is why we are seeing more and more EMBs at both JFK and LGA. EDV is a high cost company now with a low return due to the CRJs which goes against DLs NPS. The A220 will be a game changer as will the next DL pilot contract.

Remember, EDV came from NWA and they are gone now as are the MD-80s in NYC so I do not honestly think DL really need us in there arsenal. It's not a dig at EDV. We've, a lot of us anyway, have been here before. We know where this is probably going to go. We will be either sold off or parted out. The fact is that the rest of the DL regionals have lower costs. It's not personal, it's business. Just think if you were running DL would you keep EDV around??? I wouldn't.

Have a think about the state of affairs lately and that can be a telling sign. For instance, all the cost cutting, the NYC van, the lower class of service on DHs etc... DL can charge a fortune for those seats. The van, yes, I know it's a pain, but, it was a huge cost and liability. In addition, every other regional, except EDV, is making some kind of announcement with growth. Yes, even GO-Jets. It might not be DL flying both they are not only in DLs basket, we are!

I was trying to stay positive but it just isn't looking good for EDV. Again, not a dig. I'd rather people start getting ready for reality rather than fantasy. I believe that any forthcoming announcement will be similar to what we faced at the last DL wholly owned regional. NYC is a terrible base as there is less flying, lots of just sitting around and airport reserve when there are no flights ie; IROPS. Why? Why would anyone continue to just sit, not fly and pay lots of money to take cabs for no hours on the hope we MAY get flying but still it'll be a long wait as will upgrades.

I wish everyone one the best and seriously hope I am wrong. I really would like to be told I was way off because if I am right, it's not good for everyone. Forewarned is forearmed. I think our management owes us some real honesty. No more lies or gross misrepresentation. ALPA, you too owe the membership some real straight talk and stop telling us how wonderful things are when they really aren't.