View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 03:18 PM
TiredSoul
All is fine at .79

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot

Originally Posted by Toby Flenderson View Post
Just finished training last week and I figured I can give an individual perspective.

I was in January 6th class. There were no issue with the company providing us air and ground transportation to Greensboro. As a matter of fact, crew scheduling and Brian called us during the travel day to confirm there weren't any hiccups.

1st day of class is pretty much orientation/paperwork/picture taking.
We were given 60 hours of CBT training prior to the class. Some received that training a month ahead of the class and some a week before the class. You can guess which of them finished it on time.

Ground school is basic indoctrination stuff. The instructor is calm and is an ex 121 airline guy. What I really liked about this airline is the fact that everyone from the top management came down and introduced themselves, gave their perspective and where the company is headed in future. The chief pilot is also pilot's guy.

Simulator training was also non issue. It is conducted at PanAm in Miami by Swift's instructor. Check ride is in classic 737 sim followed by LOFT training in NG. Guys that have had previous 121/corporate or any kind of fast paced airline experience had no issues. The guys that struggled were the ones that came from Tours/Instructing background. It is a fast paced course. We finished our training in 41 days. In my opinion, guys with no experience are better of going to regional to get more structured training.

Overall, company has a good head or heads on its shoulder. They want you to succeed and will work with you. Company is making money. Upgrades are less than a year. It definitely beats going to SUN COUNTRY. Most of us are waiting for IOE now. The government shutdown didn't help with releasing new Check Airmen. So far, my experience has been excellent and hope it continues in that direction.

*This is a non sponsored post. No donations were made for this post to appear.
Yes “the management” came by during my training class also.
Does he still tell you ‘safety is a priority as we are only one crash away from bankruptcy’?
I thought everything was great in the beginning also.
Write another post in 30 days, 60 days, 90 days and 6 months please.
Because right now honestly you haven’t seen anything.