View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 06:29 AM
atpcliff
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Capt

Originally Posted by FlyPurdue View Post
Good morning. I have just a few questions:

I know that Southern had home basing, and is transitioning to gateway basing - does that mean that the base is 'officially' CVG, and is where the majority of trips start /end?

I know that MMG is 50/62 - but is that a fair representation of how much block one can expect each month on the 777?

It has been mentioned that the 747 operation is better than the 777, but both are better than the 767/737. There is no preference given though to 747 vs 767 at Atlas - so applying to Southern 777 is probably the best bet to avoid Atlas 767, correct?

Thank you!
From what I have heard, and read, if you are put in the pool you can ask for what you want, and hold out for what you want.
For instance, a recent poolie was given an XXXX date for the 777. He asked if that was Southern, and Atlas said yes. He said he would wait for the next Atlas 747 class. They told him it might be a while. They called him a month later for the 747 class, but he was already somewhere better.

Atlas 747 pay is higher than 777, and, from what I have read, it is easier to get more than min guarantee on the 747, than the 777.
Atlas 767 pay is less than 777, and 737 pay is at the bottom.