View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 05:00 AM
maxjet
VHR-very happily retired

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by scrupulous View Post
I have to agree with most of your post.

There is one flip flop of little things that might bite our own leadership here, not that it doesn't deserve it.

With our numbers earlier quoted, members that are over a couple of years here are now the majority of the membership. Our current leadership find themselves in the same position they took office from very competent leaders. Let alone the purge our current committee ranks with new union producers within the union that wouldn't just say "yes sir, how high" on a number of issues internally and subsequently were fired by our leadership trying were trying to weaponize various union committees at the expense of cremembers.
We faced a very similar but different problem at K4. Great local leadership but horrible 1224 leadership. Hence ALPA now on property. We had more than a handful of pilots go to Atlas when things looked bleak and I was almost one of them. I think that most of them probably regret that move.

When AAWW finally gets that new contract it will again be the place to work. That being said, the acrimony between parties will never go away and you will work in a house like UPS. FedEx and K4 will most likely always have a better work environment emotionally.

My point is simply, if you are not at AAWW please don’t go there. If you are, you should stay unless you are offered your forever job. Union or Union leadership problems can be solved AFTER you obtain your contract.

Being critical of your side only adds fuel to managements argument with any concerned share holders. If you think that they haven’t taken posts from these websites completely out of context and used them to assuage a concerned share holder you would be naive to the process.

The biggest mistake 1224 made was assuming that because AAWW’s financial house was a deck of cards, that a slowdown in revenue stream would bring them to the table. Worked at other airlines and should have worked here. I thought it was a great plan.

Unfortunately, the AAWW board is better than anyone else in this area and has kicked your butts and would in my opinion have the same results at Delta.