View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 05:00 AM
smc2020
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by fr8dog61 View Post
Senior (well over 10 years) ATR captain here.

It has been 3 on and 1 one off since before I have been here.

You will generally get depending on where you are based, whether you are assigned a run or are a floater, 3 days off per weekend. BUT Travel, if you don't live where you are sent for the week, comes out of your days off. SO, in essence, 1 day off per weekend. That is FAR 121 supplemental minimum... 24 hours off in 7 days. Having said that there are problems in crew scheduling sometimes not giving you that 24 off. BEWARE! I feel it is an honest mistake on their parts as they are inexperienced and under the gun (no one in upper level management has been at MAC more than 2 years except the Chief Pilot).

The pilot shortage that we all hoped for HAS greatly improved the pay situation at MAC, but QOL has gone to h***. Pilots were given another raise weighted this time to the senior end of the pay scale, (previous have favored new hires in order to attract new pilots) FO's were ignored, 208 captains got something but I am not up on that. Currently we have generous incentives to work your week off and some do. But many don't as spouses don't want to see there partners gone ALL the time.

MAC used to be a wonderful place to work, but lately it seems not so much. Very sad for those of us who remember the old days. (SS, MS, and TH days)
Stupid question....but the 3 weeks on/1 week off schedule offers 1 continuous week off in a row? So during the 3 weeks of duty, pilots fly 4 days on/3 days off with options for working extra days?