Old 12-11-2007, 10:07 AM
snippercr
Does NOT get weekends off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: ERJ - 145

It is interesting that weather is such a critical aspect to aviation. I mean, in aviation you really cant do much of anything with out giving the weather some serious considerations. What I have learned about weather since Ive started flying about a little over a year ago (and now have my private+instrument and almost my comm) and what everyone else here knows... is that weather can not be predicted. We can make a few guesses but the only way to know what the weather is going to be is to wait and see.

It is very interesting that weather predictions and industry predictions are so unpredictable. Sure if there is a high pressure over illinois I can say with some certainty "It will be clear skies tomorrow" but with that same certainty I can say "There will be no terrorist attacks tomorrow."

I am sorry if this has gotten way off topic and didnt answer the OPs post... but I cant help but feel that speculating, while can be useful, has no real impact in the long run. especially when we are talking more than a year.

Those just be my 2 cents...dont spend them all in one place.