View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 01:12 PM
abxflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by midnightshuttle View Post
Did Atlas MEC really say “Amazon Carriers are a ticking bomb”

Just read that, news stories are referenced to it. Some Bloke is trying to say because low wages cant get good pilots. Id say that is encredible poor taste and lack of decency. Im at ATI, perhaps Im not an astronaut but Im safe and never failed anything. Just not fortunate to land a good interview. Those kind of statements are inappropriate
I had read the article and believe it was written and quoted long before the 23rd. With that said, it's my opinion that many of the operations within the ACMI world are higher risk than in past times.

The experience level in many ACMI flight decks is minimal when compared to past times. That does not necessarily mean only high time pilots are good pilots, etc. Historically many carriers that have experienced high turn-over, rapid expansion, and quick upgrades also have increased operational issues. Most are not "accidents" (and I'm not directly implying this to Atlas 3591) and can be trended through ASAP, FOQA, LOSA, and internal airline reports. Those are just the reported occurrences, many stay within the flight deck walls and are never reported.

ATI for one has several quick upgrades with low time in type. So does Atlas and others. ABX is temporarily immune since any upgrades (which there are none..) would be from FO's with over 20yrs and thousands of hours in company type. They too will eventually hit the same benchmarks as others....not good from what I have seen on the line and in the jumpseat.

Of course, others will view this as a method to higher wages and/or rest rules. All of which are needed to play a single level of safety. His statements are far from inappropriate and more on the level of overdue and under-heard.