Thread: Feb 25th class
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 04:04 AM
G550Guy
Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: MD-11 FO

Originally Posted by cougar View Post
Prior to splitting the classes, some new hires struggled in training, needing extensive additional training, and a few are no longer with the company. After the split, these training issues have been reduced.

I’m not doubting your statement at all. I just personally find it hard to believe that ANY carrier who hires a 5000-7000 hour (I believe that’s the average) pilot would have training issues. At this point in your career, you have it or you don’t. Large aircraft are not difficult to fly. I came out of a G550 to the MD11 and myself and my training partner (also zero time in anything over 50,000lbs) had NO problems. We rolled right through. The young guns flying the CRJs these days have a more advanced FMS/glass setup than we do.

Honestly... What’s the difference between our 757 and 747 operation? Very little once you remove the International aspect. I don’t assume to be extremely knowledgeable about training programs and the current state of the industry, I’m 51 and on the downhill slide of my career... but I just don’t see how someone couldn’t handle the MD11, but the 757/767 with 3 engine types and 10+ weight limits is no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk