View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 01:08 PM
Cujo665
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: Semi-Retired...

Originally Posted by Noworkallplay View Post
Once again shows your part of the problem. A 747/777 Capt. shouldn’t make E190 hourly pay rates. Then added in soft money deficit from things like retirement, work rules, etc and he is 25-30% lower than an E190 driver at Jblue. Wow just can’t stop those who justify flying big airplanes for peanuts. Not to mention the actual terrible schedule they fly after the reroutes and extensions every month.

5th year Capt

Omni- 218$
JB AIRBUS- 237

And that’s not even looking at soft pay. Do you not understand that a 777 is 3 times larger with and exponentially higher revenue possibility? You would rather justify the pity full pay and work rules.
You obviously have no clue about what happens at Omni. A career isn’t made on 5th year pay.
Top step 12 year CA pay
Omni - $297
JetBlue- $259

JetBlue, fly multiple leg days almost everyday on duty doing 80+ hours a month. Doing 4/3 or worse and commuting back and forth to crash pads while on reserve and again once upgrading.

Omni, do the same 16 days all at once (or in two blocks) flying 25-40 hours for the month enjoying long call in various cities all over the world, then enjoying your two to four week vacation every month. Soft money hidden everywhere for simple things like accepting a coach seat instead of business on an otherwise light loaded flight. Racking up air miles and free real tickets for family vacations, racking up hotel points for free family vacations. Never needing a crashpad, real positive space tickets to/from work. Passengers who are well behaved or their Sgt, Lt, Major or above sets em straight, vs the riff raff buying the cheap seats. Good crew meals and a nice nap on the crossing. One and done in most cases. No D+0 pressure. No need to wear blue cleaning gloves either. We take family vacations many times a year and never need to use my vacation time. Zero time spent planning commuting or wasted watching full flights leave. Just board with the other Executive Platinums and go....
FYI - I’ve never been extended, nor worked an override day that I didn’t volunteer for. So, I’m not sure where your info comes from.

767-300, 12 year CA pay is:
United: $293
American: $284
Delta: $296
Omni: $297 and $253 for small A320/737 size. A321 would be $297
JetBlue: $259 A320/A321

They really are two different type of jobs that both happen to be flying airplanes. The similarity pretty much stops there. I don’t know anybody leaving Omni for JetBlue-Spirit-Frontier unless they live in Base. Guys are still leaving for AA-UA-DL-UPS-FDX-AK-HAW, but not guys already in the left seat unless they’re younger.

I’m not saying JB is a bad job, because it isn’t. It’s just different. Many folks will like the 4/3 schedules, crashpads and commuting. We don’t do that.

Omni & Kalitta have become respectable career choices. Omni isn’t really a true ACMI, in that we do only passengers for military, government agencies, other airlines, and for vacation package companies.... that may be changing with 777 freighters looking like a reality soon. In any event, both Omni and Kalitta aren’t the typical ACMI. Just like JetBlue wasn’t really comparable to Frontier or Alegiant not too long ago.

Last edited by Cujo665; 03-01-2019 at 01:27 PM.