View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 10:02 AM
jDSTJD
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2018

Well they are two vastly different professions so there really isn’t a way to measure whether working in one is better than the other.

Not all lawyers are angry billing machines. I’m with a city attorneys office so I don’t have billable requirements. I love my job and look forward to going to work every day. And if I may add I make very good money. (And I can take a few minutes here and there to even check in on my various online forums that I enjoy and not feel guilty that I’m not billing . I worked for a firm for 10 years before the city where I did have billables but even then it wasn’t too bad because I love what I do and the area of law that I practice. I’ve also practiced on my own, where they say the sky is the limit as far as how much you can earn, and I HATED it because I didn’t like being a general practitioner. So, whether you should go into one profession or the other will depend on what you choose to do within that profession. Both offer many different jobs you can do that will pay varying amounts in compensation.

Follow your passion and you will be happy, even if that means you earn less than what you may earn in a different profession.