Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 09:41 PM
Turbosina
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Guppy Gear Slinger

Latest nominee: mainline CA who poked his head in the flight deck of our little RJ. No friendly hello, no polite introduction, no credentials readily visible, no nothing. His tone of voice was extremely curt and gruff.

"Hey. My name's ___. I've got the jumpseat." Unlocks the seat, slides it out, and sits down. My CA and I look at each other, like 'Who the heck is this guy?!?' My CA turns around, and very politely says "Welcome aboard. I'll need to see your credentials please."

Big sigh and a huff from the mainline CA. Digs in his pockets for his jumpseat authorization, pilot cert, etc. My CA inspects them politely, hands them back. "Are you familiar with this aircraft or do you need a jumpseat briefing?"

Mainline CA (gruff, dismissive.) "No. I'm good." Then pulls out his phone and buries his nose in it. I really wish I was making this up.

My CA and I looked at each other again, and it was clear we were thinking the same thing. But it was a rainy Friday, last flight out, so we figured maybe this guy had just gotten off the trip from h*ll and had left his manners at his last layover. So we conveyed him to his destination. All we got at the end was a gruff 'thanks.'

Some people...